Don’t do these things at the fitting room…
One of the areas I work in from time to time is the fitting room, and here are some of the thing you should not do at them:
- Don’t yell at the phone operator if another person in the department we transfer you to doesn’t pick up. We don’t control them not picking up. We don’t have any control over the schedule. They are most likely in another department since managers run then around like crazy.
- Don’t give me flack over the item limit. I don’t make the rules, and we have to enforce it for security reasons.
- We don’t have a directory of every item our store carries, and since we are the fitting room we don’t know what every department carries. Let us transfer you.
- Don’t ask for directions to our store since it’s called google, and the internet is your best friend.
- Wait patiently for a manager since they are busy running other departments. They will get to you just not right away.
- If they don’t pick up right away hanging up then calling back isn’t going to help at all. Neither is being rude and accusing us of hanging up on you. We need to put you on hold. Don’t lie and say you got disconnected either since we know the truth. You got impatient and hung up.
- Don’t leave your clothes crumpled in the dressing room. Place it in the cart instead because it’s nice to do for the person after you, and I hate cleaning up after adults…
- Clean up after yourself. Never use the fitting room as a bathroom, and please don’t think it’s a good place to have sex in…
- Don’t leave bras on the floor, and put them on their pegs instead of leaving them for people to step on.
- Don’t be rude to the operator period since they are humans who need a job. Nothing wrong with that since people need to make money.
- Don’t ask me what I think of your outfit since I really don’t care.
- If we are helping you locate an item, be patient, and don’t hang up because when we are shorthanded we have to walk to the area which takes time. Don’t accuse us of hanging up since we aren’t near the phone.
- Okay, you don’t want an item leave it in the basket or on the place they have for it.
- Don’t get mad at us because you want to check out at the fitting room when it doesn’t have a register.
- Don’t get mad at us when the item you are price checking is different then you saw it on the shelf. We don’t control the prices…
- Never try on undies especially the ones in the plastic packages.
- Never try on bathing suits without undies.
- No, I’m not checking your underwear so you can see the size. You put it on this morning you should know…
- If you leave clothes and plan to buy them tell us, and don’t get mad if we take them and you didn’t tell us you plan on buying them.
- Please, don’t count out items to me like you think I’m stupid. I’m not a child despite looking like one.
- Don’t be rude to me like that.
- Never ball up clothes and leave them on the seat either. Or on one of the pegs inside out. For the love of god clean up after yourself. And if there is no fitting room person no need to tell a retail person just go in your not 12.
These are just some of the things I have issues with while working there, and don’t do them at the fitting room. he fitting room also answers the phone too so just remember everyone is human. Also getting an attitude doesn’t help since people do that daily to people behind the counter. Just be nice and clean up after yourself.
If you loved this post then buy my novel “Tales From Behind the Counter” for more awesome stories and pet peeves! There is more where that came from!
Tales From Behind the Counter!
I’ve had this idea for a while now, and I have also asked other writers if they have had any experience with it too. They have and I plan on publishing a few of my novels on my blog. I think it would be a fun thing to do since the story can work like that. I have already decided that the stories I’m going to use are :#Furandfangoflove and #NightwatchSupernaturalStore. I will label which one is which, and try to publish them once a week labeling which part or chapter it is. I hope it will draw new readers, and that it will be a successful series. If I like it I may write more novels this way. A lot of writers are doing this, and experimenting with it so I figured why not. It seems like a fun thing to try anyway. It will help me keep to writing more too. It’s been a wild ride writing novels too. I think these projects will be fun to use to experiment with blogging a book. One of the stories has a lot of possibilities to it. The other is something that I hope people will tune into every week so they can see what will happen to the characters. I enjoy writing, and I write for the entertainment factor versus the money. It will introduce different characters story lines from the Luxor realm. It will make the world of Luxor more full, and it will be just like ours. I hope you enjoy the story just like I will enjoy writing it and working on it a little at a time.
Until next time,
I keep all my old notebooks, and I used to have a diary with several pages in them. I threw them out because of the bad memories, and in a way I wish I still had them. Keeping the old notebooks around remind me of how far I have gone, and I graduated John Tyler. When I was in John Tyler I wanted it to be over with, and go to VCU. I really did not like going to John Tyler in a way I loved the friends I made though, and I don’t regret that but I hated not being able to get into my dream school. I had horrible grades in high school because I let other things get in the way. Seeing the old notebooks remind me of my goals too. I have the electronics like a good PC finally, and an IPad I use every day. I have the keyboard and stylus too. I use them for writing down, and I have been using my smartphone to take notes since I dropped my IPod on the ground. All the entries remind me that I have a vivid story world, and a ton of characters that could get their chance. I have more stories to tell, and I come up with stories without meaning to. It reminds me why I am writing the stories, and why I should never stop. I will never stop, and it reminds me why I should still redo the novel I put away, and let the world see it. I am going to be participating in NanoWriMo using the Scarlet story. I have to rewrite it from scratch since I have a better way of telling the story which is why I am axing the plot from Soul Snatcher, and putting it in the Scarlet novel instead. I know I can write it in a month, and that is why I am tackling it this time. In the mean time I will write character sheets for the charcters, and write an extensive outline for it.
What about you do you keep your old entries?
Until next time,
I have not worked on the edits for the killer short which might turn into a novella at this point or the retail one since I am waiting for my critique partner to give me his feedback. After I get it back then work on the edits I will send it to an editor to go over a few times then get the cover, and publish it still it is not a short process at all. Not by a long shot in fact it can be downright a waiting game, but it will pay off in the long run. With the writing process you learn to be patient when it comes to waiting like things get in the way like for me work and school can make writing be temporarily put on the back burner thanks to it being my last semester there is even more pressure to make sure school work is done before I even think about writing. I am still set on a Summer release for the paperback, and the re-edited killer and Retail story. It just takes time to produce a good book, and I am working on the second killer novel too while doing research for the Fang and Fur of Love book. Writing the world I am doing takes time, and I am self-publishing my ebooks and paperback which means I do all the work by myself. I really love being able to control it by myself to an extent which is why I did it by myself. I will write on more topics in the future since I plan on reading several Indie books about writing a novel, and how to survive in the world.
Until next time,