So Mia and Ember are out leaving me free to work on other projects. One of them is book 4 Raven in the AngelWitch series. I have decided it will be about Raven trying dating apps after getting out of a rough spot. It turns out she meets someone who ends up pretending to be someone he isn’t and she tries to find the real person. Around that same time her Angelmate is looking for her, and he is a bad guy. It turns out he couldn’t believe he finally found his soulmate even though he wanted to get rid of her. I hope it works out on paper like in my head, but I will have to see. And there is the book 1 of the Scarlet series as well I might have to redo parts since I want it to be academy style since it’s better suited to that. I also have plans on making another book about department store stories, and maybe another poem book. There is also a secret project I’ll be creating with a friend, and stuff is in the works. I’ll let you know the updates on it. Also, preptober is upon us which is preparing for National Novel Writing month next month. I’m still debating on attempting it. I’ll let you know my progress!
Until next time,
I finished writing book 1 a few years ago, and then gave it to a few beta readers which was a huge wake up. I have the makings of a good story I just need to add in details and descriptions in the story. I need to make the characters more believable and make the story really shine. I’m going to add cell phones, and even include her adoptive parents. Luxor and Crystal Crest History is thrown in as well, and Scarlet is a researcher at heart. Hell, I have a whole collection of metaphysical book and creature books to bring my worlds to life. It’s a lot and in doing all the movie watching, television shows, and life in general I’ve made my world more believable. I’m reading more writing related books too in order to develop my craft more since you never stop learning. I recently finished typing a stack of stories going in Tales From Behind the Counter and I put that aside to focus on the rewrite of Scarlet book 1. I need to get that off the ground and into the hands of readers since book 1 is the foundation for book 2. I will include a prologue or something to catch readers up on the book 1 events. I’m learning the importance of branding so you will see cool covers, and the retail one will be updated too. I hope to make this full time instead of part time. I love interacting with readers, and I hope to have more books out in the future.
Until next time,
I have been writing for a while, and I have several novels under my belt at this point. I woke up this morning, and thought I should write a series of blog posts about it because I want to share my wisdom with others. I also want to have some fun with it since it’s the best job in the entire world. I never really fit in to the rest of the jobs, and forget being a doctor, lawyer, or nurse. I suck at math, and I’ve always been a writer since the first grade. I want to write about my experience with the entire process, and even write some posts about the books I’ve found on the subject of writing. I’ll even film Youtube videos about it too.
I have three days off a week till January 19th since this is the last day of the semester for me. I took my last final, and all I have left is to turn in a portfolio. I might even post some of my essays on my blog too.
This is part one and the first thing I talk about is the stuff you will need in order to even start writing a book. This is geared toward fiction by the way.
- Your imagination: This is essential since no one wants to read a boring book, and be sure to use it to use the what if scenarios.
- Pencil, Pen and Paper: You need something to write and type your ideas down, and if you have a pencil you can even erase things that are not working. Paper is useful too, and I first write by hand then type it up.
- Laptop needs a word processor or document writing software to save your work. You can also take this with you everywhere, and even useful to have while you are on a long boring trip. Laptops can be a place to type up your novel if you want to type it up instead of write it.
- Jump drive: If you are using a laptop then you want to back up your work in case something happens. There are free places to save it like Google Drive, ICloud, and Skydrive. Even Dropbox can work. It’s useful to have if you don’t own a personal computer or have to use a public place.
- A drink that includes caffeine, energy drinks, coffee, and sometimes alcohol. Whatever keeps you going to put pen to paper. Tea and soda can be used too. Just something to hydrate you while you are writing or typing.
- Passion: It’s not easy to write a book, and you do have to love what you are doing since it’s not easy. Believe me there are times when I wanted to say fuck it and stop. I didn’t and it’s what kept me going even in the face of rejection and everything else.
- A stable surface believe me you don’t want the pen or laptop flying everywhere.
- Snacks nothing kills the writing vibe more than being hungry. I can’t write when I’m starving either.
- Time: This is very important since it takes time to write a novel even if it’s ten minutes a day. If it’s something you love definitely make time for it.
- Notebooks: It’s so important to use since it keeps track of everything.
These are just some of the basics, and there is more to add to it. These are just ten of the things you will need to start out with. The next time I can talk about outlining some, and even give you some ideas of what to write about.
What else would you need to write a novel?
Until next time,
It has been a long month, and I was not able to finish NaNoWriMo this year because of the other projects I have to finish first. I am through with college for the semester, and I don’t go back till January. I took the last of my finals Tuesday, and it taught me a 5 things about going to a university.
- Take detailed notes because remembering the important details will help you succeed.
- Study ahead of time like don’t wait till the very last minute to cram it all in it doesn’t work. Follow the syllabus, and study an hour each day.
- Read the textbooks, and write down vocab words that are going to be on the test.
- Use your time wisely and don’t procrastinate on a project you will do better if you work on it ahead of time.
- Caffeine is your best friend, and so is the library.
The course load is way higher in a University versus a community college expect to have no life and few times for friends. It also teaches you who your real friends are, and the people who will leave you in a heartbeat just because you have time to study and that is it. I lost someone because of it, but that person was never my friend to begin with since I was used. I left this semester with good friends who are worth my time, and now that I have free time my new goal is to work and get my retail novella done.
Until next time,
Thanks to my current job I have another book in the works. I am writing one about working for a company called Willy’s Place. It is not a real company at all, but a made up one inspired by retail stores in general. That is right retail, and the main character is the vampire named Scarlet Nightshade, and I am bringing her back for another book. She is the star of The Killer Contract Agency two, and she has another book called Scarlet’s Redemption. I love writing about her because she is a sassy vampire. Stephan will make appearances in it too. And she will account her tails of customers behaving badly, but there will be some good situations too. I am letting people see what really goes on as an employee working in a retail store.
As for the other projects I have been working on Hexlax some, and I will try to get a traditional contract for the Astral Witch series, and Blood Fire & Moon Watch the rest will be self-published because there are more books as far as character stories. There could possibly be more stories for the Blood Fire & Moon Watch series too in the future.
I am an avid reader as well, and I know I promised to review The Writer, and I am working on it when I can. I have been busy with work, and school. Now that my hours are being shorter after this week I will have more time to read. I have also discovered I can read and write during my lunch break which is what I have been doing to make writing a part of my life. I will be writing a blog post about making time for writing too since that is what I am experimenting with.
Until next time,