Job searching is something everyone does period since you need a job to make money. And since I’ve been out of school that is what I’ve been doing. I was lucky with my first job since it was given to me after I shadowed a lab for girl scouts, and I worked there for two years until I got laid off for lack of grant funds. It was hard since I was unemployed for 6 months. And then I got lucky after filling out job apps and got the first job that I’ve had for 6 years while I was in school. Recently, I’ve had to look for something better since I’ve been out of school since December. I’ve had to send in job application after job application.And got some interview out of it, and they both have led to me landing the job. One of them I didn’t like the hours, and the other I took since it’s full time. Job interviews are easy too since they are pretty much talking about yourself, and your recent experiences. It’s easy to answer the questions, and yes it can be nerve-wracking. But getting a call back is easier than filling out applications and waiting for the interviews.
Here are my top ten tips:
- Dress nicely this is an interview after all.
- Think about the questions they ask and answer honestly.
- Be friendly since they are the ones who picked you for it.
- Be confident.
- Make sure to come prepared with questions.
- Ask about the hours, pay and benefits.
- Take the job if they offer you a good pay rate and good hours.
- Don’t take less than you deserve.
- Be positive.
- Show them you can do the job!
These tips will definitely help you succeed in your interview, and good luck!
I hope you enjoyed the post, and in the meantime, I’m working on AngelWitch edits. Also, I’ve been doing research on book promotion since it’s a step you have to take after you publish the book.