I have finally finished the anthology Karma Turns on The Wicked. I just gave the story to readers I trust to look over grammar and wording issues. I will make it free when it comes out on the weekends. I will try to post something on the blog more starting every Monday.
I have not really had time to do anything writing related that much with work and school eating up my time. I have gotten some writing done story idea wise, and a little bit of reading for fun like: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, Night Veil by Yasmine Galenorn, the rest of The Sexiest Vampire Alive by Kerrelyn Sparks, and various ebooks by authors too. I plan on reading more writing related books. I have worked on some of my projects. Here is what I have been working on, and my progress so far:
- · Blood Fire & Moon Watch: Done, but I have to put it all together and edit it.
- · Wolf Soul: Outline and some pages.
- · Killer Contract 2: Outline, and 1 chapter finishing two. I just found my outline chapter by chapter finally after losing it.
- · Psychic Vampires and Witches Oh My!: Outline, and a few chapters need to do more of a chapter by chapter outline too, so I know where I am going with the story.
- Hexlax: Outline, and one Chapter going on two.
- · Lady Black: Same status as above.
- · Retail Sucks! Retail Diaries: Outline done, but need a more extensive one.
- · Popular Witches: Outline, and a few pages into it.
- · Soul Snatcher: Outline, and a few pages.
Some of the outlines are only a page long, but when I work on the story I will write a more extensive one with chapter by chapter descriptions to know where I am going.
I have a ton of work to do, but I am mainly focusing on Killer 2 and Psychic Vampires, and Witches On my! The two main characters Scarlet from Killer 2 and Sapphire from the Psychic vampires series appear in the upcoming anthology, and the first chapters of the two novels appear in the anthology as well.
I have also realized how fun writing exercises are, and that is why I have:
- Writing Fiction Step by Step By: Josip Novakovich
- · The 4am Breakthrough by Brian Kiteley
- · The 3am Epiphany by Brian Kiteley
- · Now Write: Fiction Writing Exercises from Todays Best Writers and Teachers. Edited by: Sherry Ellis. Authors: many since the writers have their own exercises.
I will do a blog post on each of them, and I have other books on the craft of writing too. I will eventually do a blog post on The Writer, and Writers Digest too since I buy those magazines every month because of how helpful they are on writing tips and publishing. Another book I have is Stephan King’s On Writing.I got past the memoir half, and now I am on to the fiction part where he talks about writing fiction. I have the Plot Whisperer too by Martha Alderson. I will try to keep everyone updated every
Monday. I am even going to see the Hunger Games movie on the 26th. I will let you know what I think about it.
Anymore writing exercise books to review on the blog that I missed? Anything you guys would like to see for possible blog topics, and questions you have for me? Guest posts are welcome too just send me an email at:
Until next time,
By the way am I the only one feeling daylight savings time because I lost an hour of sleep that time, and it sucked.